Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Reconnecting


Recently I found out that the woman who was my 'house meri' when we lived in PNG still resides in Ukarumpa.

In fact, she works at the SIL Guest House where Rhett, Todd and I will be staying for our 5 days in Ukarumpa.

Irame is a wonderful woman. She worked a couple days a week for me. Replacing her when we moved back to the states proved to be impossible. Three months after moving to upstate New York my husband asked when I planned to clean the bathroom.

Irame had a darling daughter named Edelweiss. My friend, Mary Lou Walker, told me that Edelweiss works in the finance office at SIL.

I am so excited to have this opportunity to reconnect, revisit, relive so many wonderful memories. The sites, the smells, the food, the people: there's nothing like Papua New Guinea.

No comments:

Post a Comment